Off-shore drilling site of interest

I was watching some of the cable news channels yesterday and the houndogs of hell have been unleashed by The Propoganda House, I mean, The White House in an attempt to manipulate Americans into believing that allowing off-shore drilling up and down our coastlines will do wonders for the price of gas...

So...I began to arm myself with a little information in order to argue with these nincompoops over the next few weeks, and as part of that I found this little website: http://home.versatel.nl/the_sims/rig/index.htm

One little factoid, in the most catastrophic (financially) off-shore oil rig disasters, 38% have been cause by equipment failure.

If 38% of car accidents were caused by Automobile failure, would you still drive? Would we want more cars on our roads? Or would we build a better public transit system? Just a thought.

No comments: